18 July 2010

Random fun


I spent the day playing around with my camera and Lightroom. I have to say that thus far I am pleased with my new 50mm lens and my camera rocks! The lighting was not ideal, and boy was it HOT out but I was determined to get some fun pictures, just me, my camera, and a monopod! Lol. I really like the way the fountain came out despite it all.

I had a blast shooting this pepper too! It must have been quite a sight with me balancing my camera on a monopod in front of the sink, and trying to aim the water at the pepper while snapping the picture...



I created a make shift diffuser for my on camera flash, and I'm not a real fan of using anything other than natural light - those are the pictures that I think turn out the best. However I'm also a realist and I know that if you are going to become a great photographer you have to learn how to work with lighting of all kinds. Natural light will always be my favorite - but the fact that I can play with flash and get these kind of results is what makes photography fun.

The same goes for playing around with Lightroom like I did for this picture where I added vignetting.

 Happy shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment