08 July 2010

Fancy camera? Nah...


I've said before that I have always been a shutterbug. It used to be all film. For me it started with a little 110, you know the kind with the funky film cartridges and the flash panels that snapped in the top and you flipped over as you used it up...

In high school I used disposable cameras, and the same with most of my years in college... I was hopeless when it came to getting a 35mm camera to work, I couldn't get the film to advance right half the time... I know had I kept at it, I could have gotten it down to a science, but why bother? Well for many reasons but hey, I didn't know any better and I was having fun - isn't that the point of photography? Yes, and it STILL is!

When I bought my first digital point and shoot camera I was more than enamored with it. To be honest, I still use it because I love it so much! But I have upgraded and yes, I actually set the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO on my own... What can I say, I don't have to load a film cartridge!

But even with my new camera, which I'm still learning how to maneuver properly, I just had to share one last post with some of my favorite point and shoot pictures I've taken over the last couple years.


Did I mention I even did some "self portraits?"

No comments:

Post a Comment