08 July 2010

I HEART Washington


Pikes Place Market  in Seattle is one of the most sensory experiences a market can offer. It isn't all about the mongers throwing fish either! Although they have excellent fish there to be sure and I always ship some back with me because there is nothing like it. What I can't take with me though is what I miss the most...

The produce is phenomenal - yes I said it... Phenomenal. Seriously. I miss it every single day I'm away. I miss weaving in and out of the crowds, the artists on the sidewalk... Musicians playing, florists setting up buckets of the most colorful array of flowers, magicians showing off on the street corners, the smell of bakeries, and the sea... I miss tasting local honey, fresh made cheese curds, and the amazing middle eastern eatery tucked away down a back hallway of vendors that had the best falafel. I'm not even going to get into the fresh roasted nut stand, the mini donuts, or the spice shop, let alone the coffee... Did I mention I was a bit of a foodie?

But even with all of those wonderful things - I miss my family and friends the most.




No comments:

Post a Comment